Do your kids wear their Halloween costumes to school on Halloween? At my children's school, they are not allowed to wear their costumes. However, my kids usually wear a Halloween themed t-shirt to school on Halloween. This year, I went for an easy, inexpensive, DIY bat silhouette shirt.
Bat Silhouette (I downloaded one online, you could also use a bat coloring page)
Scissors or Exacto Knife
- Find a coloring page or bat silhouette online and print it. You could use any other type of Halloween image, too: black cat, witch's hat, pumpkin, etc.
- Cut out the silhouette and trace it onto contact paper. After tracing it onto contact paper, cut out the silhouette. I cut out the inside, leaving a rectangular piece of contact paper with a bat cut out of it.
- Place contact paper on t-shirt, positioning silhouette where you would like it on the shirt. Place a few sheets of old newspaper in between the layers of the shirt, so no bleach gets on the backside.
- Using a bleach pen, trace and fill in the bat. Carefully remove the contact paper. Let bleach dry for a few minutes.
- Wash t-shirt in cold water. After drying, it's ready to wear!